“Probably the most important aspect in selecting a mediator is that you feel comfortable with the person.“
Art and Tryst make an experienced caring team. With Art’s 20 years of mediating divorces, and with Tryst’s compassion and a decade of experience with children’s issues, you’ll have the perfect team to help you.
Personable and Caring
We offer our creative ability and caring support to manage the mediation process. It is our priority to help each of you feel safe and empowered as the two of you work out the equitable terms of your separation or divorce.
Of course, all decisions must be guided by legal guidelines and boundaries, but there is a lot of latitude for us to work in. More importantly, we are aware of the emotional impact of the divorce, and we strive to minimize your stress in making those tough decisions.
We prefer to have an informal yet structured environment for the mediation sessions. It is not a legalistic process, but one of negotiation with compassion.
- Mediated more than 1000 cases since 1994, helping parties resolve their issues peacefully.
- In addition to divorces, Art also mediates commercial cases, contract disputes, neighborhood conflicts, …
- Certified by the NC Dispute Resolution Commission for mediating divorce financial issues in district court.
- Ph.D. degree in Business Administration provides me with a full understanding of financial matters.
- Trained in mediation through Seton Hall Law School (NJ), Mediation Inc. (NC), Institute for Dispute Resolution (NJ), and Carolina Dispute Settlement Services (NC)
- Member of the NC Association of Professional Family Mediators (NCAPFM).
- Member of the Dispute Resolution Section of the NC Bar Association.
- Advanced Practitioner Member of the Association for Conflict Resolution (ACR) and the Academy of Family Mediators (AFM).
- Selected by the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for mediating workplace discrimination claims.
Tryst joined with Art in 2014 as his co-mediator – mediating your case together as a team. Tryst has provided support to families in crisis in a pastoral setting for 15 years. She brings her expertise in the areas of child development, family systems, co-parenting, and conflict resolution to the table. Co-mediation combines the perpectives, experience, and skills of each mediator for the benefit of the clients. We model effective communication and problem-solving skills as we work together.
Tryst is a member of the NC Association of Professional Family Mediators.