Most of these forms are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. If you do not already have the Acrobat Reader program on your computer, you can download a copy for free, by clicking the “Get Adobe Reader” button.
Divorce and Mediation Forms
For divorce mediation, we ask that you bring the following for our first session:
New-Client Intake form, providing basic information about you. (One form for each of you.)
Assets and Liabilities form. The form has four columns: jointly held assets, your assets, your spouse’s assets, and your children’s (major) assets. (Each of you should fill one out on your own, even if information is repeated.)
Copies of the last 3 years of federal income tax returns, W2’s and 1099’s.
If you are self-employed or have a family business, we would need 3 years of P&L statements.
Credit Reports You have a right to free credit reports once per year from each of the 3 primary reporting agencies. Download each of them, review them yourself, and then exchange with your spouse and review those also. You are looking for debts that you didn’t know existed. (You do not need to bring them to mediation.)
A photo of your family.
Other Divorce-Related Forms
Budget Instructions. This will be used for the basis of spousal support and child support. Its 2nd page lists many items that people forget to include in their budgets.
Budget Form (Excel spreadsheet). (After the spreadsheet appears on your screen, choose File | SaveAs to store it onto your computer.) (You should also download the paper version [above].)
Calendar. This is handy for laying out where the kids will spend each night.
Inventory (printed form). A handy form for keeping track of who gets what from the household items (PDF format)
Inventory (Excel spreadsheet) . (save as above, but as an Excel spreadsheet.)
- Forms for an uncontested divorce
- Form for change-of-name, NC form AOC-ASP-600
- Tax issues for divorced or separated individuals, IRS Publication 504 (view online)
- IRS form regarding tax ememptions for the children, IRS form 8332 (view online)
- NC Child Support Guidelines, Forms
- NC Child Support Guidelines, Instructions
- NC Court Forms for filing.
Commercial and Civil Mediation/Arbitration Forms
- New-Client Intake Form, providing basic information about you. Bring this with you to your first appointment.